Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Privacy Policy

Pinterest is a website that allows users to share pictures of a multitude of things, like recipes, fashion, crafts, and much more. Pinterest's Privacy Policy allows them to access any information you give them when you register, plus any information on the profiles you may link to your account like Twitter or Facebook. They use this information to help customize your account to show you boards that you may find more appealing. Also they use this information to send out newsletters, and help better their products for the future. The Privacy Policy that is posted on Pinterest's website does not mention what should happen if there is a breach in security, which is a concern for me personally. After reading the privacy policy I'm going to check to see what information they can access of mine and make sure in the future that I do not post anything I consider personal.

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest! Fortunately, I haven't gotten completely immersed in it (yet)! There are so many interesting things on there to create, it's overwhelming sometimes. ~ Katherine Clay

    ReplyDelete