Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Web Use


Over the course of the semester I have learned about several different Web 2.0 programs, some of which I will use in the future and some that I will not. Some of the sites I plan on using in the future include: Facebook, Twitter, and Wikispaces.  Facebook and Twitter are both good sites to connect with other people both personally and professionally, and I feel like I will keep better contact with other people using these sites than I would if I was using other methods of communication. I had never heard of Wikispaces before this semester and I think by far it is the most useful tool I have learned to use, and I will definitely use it in the future to work with groups. Today people are using the Internet more commonly as a source of communication to share information, and socialize. Also in the workforce it is becoming more normal to need to know multiple ways of contacting not only coworkers but also clients. I have learned a lot about how my information is public and how I need to protect myself so I don’t have to worry about future employers looking my name up and finding my private information. The Internet is becoming a place where you can find information within tenths of seconds and people need to learn whatever you put out there is not private, so protect yourself. Overall I would say this course helped me learn a lot about different Web 2.0 technologies and how I can use them to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment